Rosie here, reintroducing Dear Lil' Devas Eco-Dannas! Absolutely a staple accessory - we've used the these for so many purposes. Of course for the classic "tie around your head", and what better moisture-wicking fabric? The natural stretch in the knit fabric allows it to stay on very securely.
We've heard from customers who used the bamboo bandannas as washable wound dressings, to hold on ice packs, and to fashion a sling in one unfortunate case.
My most memorable use of an eco-bandanna that I thankfully had in my purse was a few years ago when I was stuck downtown Toronto on a Sunday afternoon with no bike shop around. Someone had tried to steal the front tire from my bike when it was locked up and thankfully didn't succeed. But the mechanism to put the wheel back on was broken, so I needed to at once push my bike without a front tire, and also carry the wheel with me. This is no easy feat!! So, with my eco-danna, I was able to tie the wheel to the frame of the bike, and also with that had enough extra fabric to use the bandanna as a handle so that I could just walk the bike alongside me using the handle that was the eco-danna! Needless to say, I am now never without one!!
Dear Lil' Devas Bamboo Fabric - knit into fabric and finished locally!!
70% Viscose from Bamboo | 30% Organic Cotton
Bamboo fabric is ideal for exercise wear. However, all bamboo fabric is not created equally. After much research Dear Lil' Devas found the bamboo fabric that meets our environmental, ethical and quality expectations. And guess where we found it? -- Being finished right here under our observant noses in Southern Ontario, Canada!
Bamboo is a forestry product, so the natural eco-system stays in place. There is no need for pesticides, herbicides, tilling or replanting. Bamboo groves return a huge amount of oxygen back to the atmosphere in comparison with other types of forests.
- Eco and Worker Friendly Our bamboo is grown solely in bamboo groves that have FSC Certification, and OCIA/NOP
- International Organic Standards Certification Our knit of 70% Viscose from Bamboo yarn and 30% Organic Cotton yarn has the European Oeko-Tex 100 certification and is produced meeting ISO 14001 standards.
- Bamboo Yarn The bamboo used in Dear Lil' Devas bamboo fabric has been pulped and spun into yarn using a clean, modern viscose process. The result of this process is a high modulus yarn - could be called the "Pima Cotton" of bamboo, offering excellent luster, softness and durability.
- Fabric Finishing Process Fabric is knit and dyed in Canada.
- Low Impact Dyed Our unique single jet-dying process has been developed to have the lowest environmental impact possible. The fabric is prepared for dye using hot water and a mechanical process only (scouring). The dying is done using small quantities of environmentally friendly dyes free of heavy metals, chlorine, solvents, optical brightening chemicals, or any other toxic chemicals.
- No Antibacterial Chemical Treatment Silver Nitrate is the main ingredient of the anti-microbial treatment that is very often applied to mass-produced athletic wear and shoes. It is not applied to DLD items.
- Dear Lil' Devas Non-Factory, Local Sewing Environment Because we do not mass-produce our items, we are blessed to be able to maintain a benevolent and interactive design and sewing environment. The local women who are a part of Dear Lil' Devas are relaxed and dedicated. By using beautiful materials that we consider to be a gift from nature, putting those materials into high-quality, timeless designs, and sewing them up in an unhurried, mindful atmosphere, we've got some really good vibes going on here. We believe that those good vibes translate into the final products, and in turn are transferred to you. Namaste.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the information provided above. It has been compiled with the help of Dear Lil' Devas' suppliers, and we are happy to receive questions and comments from you.
You may also enjoy:
Early in 2014 (this is Rosie, designer for Dear Lil' Devas speaking), I was contacted by our dear, dear old friends and customers who I'll call R. & R. (coincidentally very apt lol)....
This very fashionable looking accessory really packs a punch! Because it is made of three strands of the excellently moisture-wicking Dear Lil' Devas bamboo fabric, it has the ability to absorb a lot...
What is more airy, comfortable and elegant than a long skirt on a hot summer's day? We've been savouring this design for some years now, the cut and length inspired by Indian "Petticoats",...