You may be surprised by how much we are charging for these masks. Dear Lil' Devas has been donating them to care givers and we continue to do that. The masks are more than a strip of fabric with ties. What's key is that they fit snugly around the nose and face. People have been asking to buy the masks for personal use and so money generated by the sale of these Community Solidarity Masks will go right back into the pot to allow us to continue supporting front line care givers. Profit is not a thing for DLD at the moment, in fact the pattern and instructions will be published here soon and we urge you to make them yourself to get them out there - even if you have to charge for them!
Rosie here, I think this may well be the most versatile item that we have ever made!!!
The adjustable soft yet strong elastic drawstring allows this piece to be:
1) An additional layer over your Original Dream Pants (or any pants).
2) Simply an extremely light-weight slip/skirt all by itself. I wear a pair of our knicker-slips under because just one slip is see-though, but I don't mind that when I have my knicker-slip underneath. You'll see me below in the pictures - I'm the one with the red top on walking down the stairs, opes and with my bike of course :-)
3) Two slips together = a beautiful skirt! and two different colours and lengths makes it totally fun!!
4) An extremely light-weight halter top, useful for the hottest summer days or beachwear.
Please scroll through the pictures by clicking on the big picture window at the top. We have added explanations of how the slip is being worn below each picture.
- THE FABRIC Better than bare! Dear Lil' Devas' 100% Indian Cotton is so lightweight that you will feel like you are not wearing anything at all! This beautiful cotton gets softer and softer with use and washing.
- WASHING INSTRUCTIONS Machine wash cold with like colours. Once your slip comes out of the washing machine, shake it out and hang to dry. (dries in less than an hour!)
- THE SLIP'S VERSATILITY A top, or a bottom! And, the colour choices!
- THE HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION Made in a relaxed, benevolent, non-factory environment in Canada by Dear Lil' Devas ~ Yoga Clothing and Accessories Infused with Good Vibes!
When worn as a slip or a skirt, these are meant to fall just at or below your knees. Because people's proportions are so different, and everyone has a different preference for how low on their hips they like a waistband to be, we find that even some tall people prefer the Shorter Length of slip, especially when wearing with the Original Dream Pants.
These are Dear Lil' Devas Length Recommendations:
Shorter Length: at or just below your knees for people 5'5" / 165cm tall or less
Longer Length: at or just below your knees for people from 5'5" / 165cm tall to 5'9"/ 175cm tall
Longest Length: at or just below your knees for people over 5'9"/175cm tall
The actual length measurements of the slips are:
Shorter Length: 52cm or 20.5"
Longer Length: 62cm or 24.5"
Longest Length: 72cm or 28.5"
O/S: Fits people with hips up to 112cm or 44"
XL: Fits people with hips up to 127cm of 50"
*a tip: if you intend to wear as a halter top and would like it to be extra-airy, go for the XL :-)
In case you would like to construct a two-toned skirt with two slips, or wear with one of the Reversible Tops, our colour suggestions are as follows:
Greens and blues look beautiful together, although Steel Blue looks good with any other colours except the other blues. Darkest Espresso, Amethyst, Grape, Shanti Green, Maroon, Deepest Red and Sattvic Orange look amazing with ANY contrasting colours.
You may also enjoy:
Heaven Sent! Rosie here, it has been a long while since we've been inspired to offer you something made by another company on dearlildevas. The company that makes these wonderful shirts has been...
What is a Core Warmer? Traditionally known as "Haramaki" in Japanese culture. Hara meaning "abdomen" (the center of the soul) and maki meaning "to wrap up". It seems that this "keeping your kidneys...
Rosie here, introducing our Sleeveless Pure Linen Tunics!! The Linen Tunics are available in 5 sizes and 2 lengths. The cut is to allow for armhole coverage, yet... maximum airflow! Really wished to...