Clearance: Black Large and Chocolate Brown XS only Bamboo Light Weight Short Sleeved T-Shirts for Women
It's the very softness of this bamboo fabric that makes these t-shirts a staple item in our wardrobes. And.... a "small consideration", due to the cut and style of these tees, they look very very good too!
The pattern for these short-sleeved bamboo t-shirts was originally designed for the Yoga Festival in Toronto. The organizers wanted t-shirts for their faculty and volunteers that were crafted locally, and they chose Dear Lil' Devas to make them :-) The organizers had their logo printed on the shirts just for the Festival (you'll see the picture below). The design of the shirts (they are just plain with nothing printed on them) has been popular, and since the Yoga Festival, we've added a long-sleeved version and a tank top. An interesting anecdote is that the Festival runs for three days in the height of summer, and the faculty were so pleased to find that even after attending classes, it wasn't necessary to run home and launder their shirts to prepare for the next day, as the bamboo fabric doesn't seem to trap odour like other fabrics do.
We've recently added a thicker version of this t-shirt in many beautiful colours to our line here at DLD. View thicker short-sleeved tees
- THE FABRIC Made from a beautiful (70% Viscose from Bamboo and 30% Organic Cotton) soft jersey knit fabric that has been prepared in a special environmentally-friendly way. This fabric is knit and low-impact dyed right here in Southern Ontario.
- NO SPANDEX / LYCRA True to Dear Lil' Devas decade-old mission: "without a stitch of lycra".
- MOISTURE-WICKING This fabric has amazing moisture wicking properties - without any added chemicals.
- FABRIC FINISHING Finished without the use of chemical solvents, chlorine bleach, optical brighteners or other allergens like silver nitrate.
- THE HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION Made in a relaxed, benevolent, non-factory environment in Canada by Dear Lil' Devas ~ Yoga Clothing and Accessories Infused with Good Vibes!
Dear Lil' Devas Bamboo Fabric - knit into fabric and finished locally!!
70% Viscose from Bamboo | 30% Organic Cotton
Bamboo fabric is ideal for exercise wear. However, all bamboo fabric is not created equally. After much research Dear Lil' Devas found the bamboo fabric that meets our environmental, ethical and quality expectations. And guess where we found it? -- Being finished right here under our observant noses in Southern Ontario, Canada!
Bamboo is a forestry product, so the natural eco-system stays in place. There is no need for pesticides, herbicides, tilling or replanting. Bamboo groves return a huge amount of oxygen back to the atmosphere in comparison with other types of forests.
- Eco and Worker Friendly Our bamboo is grown solely in bamboo groves that have FSC Certification, and OCIA/NOP
- International Organic Standards Certification Our knit of 70% Viscose from Bamboo yarn and 30% Organic Cotton yarn has the European Oeko-Tex 100 certification and is produced meeting ISO 14001 standards.
- Bamboo Yarn The bamboo used in Dear Lil' Devas bamboo fabric has been pulped and spun into yarn using a clean, modern viscose process. The result of this process is a high modulus yarn - could be called the "Pima Cotton" of bamboo, offering excellent luster, softness and durability.
- Fabric Finishing Process Fabric is knit and dyed in Canada.
- Low Impact Dyed Our unique single jet-dying process has been developed to have the lowest environmental impact possible. The fabric is prepared for dye using hot water and a mechanical process only (scouring). The dying is done using small quantities of environmentally friendly dyes free of heavy metals, chlorine, solvents, optical brightening chemicals, or any other toxic chemicals.
- No Antibacterial Chemical Treatment Silver Nitrate is the main ingredient of the anti-microbial treatment that is very often applied to mass-produced athletic wear and shoes. It is not applied to DLD items.
- Dear Lil' Devas Non-Factory, Local Sewing Environment Because we do not mass-produce our items, we are blessed to be able to maintain a benevolent and interactive design and sewing environment. The local women who are a part of Dear Lil' Devas are relaxed and dedicated. By using beautiful materials that we consider to be a gift from nature, putting those materials into high-quality, timeless designs, and sewing them up in an unhurried, mindful atmosphere, we've got some really good vibes going on here. We believe that those good vibes translate into the final products, and in turn are transferred to you. Namaste.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the information provided above. It has been compiled with the help of Dear Lil' Devas' suppliers, and we are happy to receive questions and comments from you.
Standard traditional sizing: Small, Medium, Large and XL.
If you are in doubt about your size, we recommend that you choose the smaller size that you are considering. For example, if you fluctuate between medium and large depending on which brand you buy - Dear Lil' Devas' yoga tops are rather on the generous side with sizing, so you'd go with Medium :-)