What is a Core Warmer?
Traditionally known as "Haramaki" in Japanese culture. Hara meaning "abdomen" (the center of the soul) and maki meaning "to wrap up".
It seems that this "keeping your kidneys warm" has been an ongoing theme that travels through many cultures: Our own grandmothers said "keep your kidneys warm dear", and really really didn't want us to sit down on anything cold!
One woman told us how her European grandmother would wrap a rabbit skin around her core, and swear that it was because of the extra warmth that she was never sick!
Dear Lil' Devas Core Warmers can (should ;-) be worn by both women and ahem, MEN!
Core Warmers increase warmth, and support your lower organs.
Here are some other uses for Dear Lil' Devas Core Warmers (contributed by our customers):
- simply for elongating shorter shirts
- one person formerly wore her bra to bed, but now goes to sleep with her core warmer around her torso (chest to lower abdomen); it provides enough support and is MUCH more comfortable.
- during menstruation it can be helpful to have the added support of a core warmer
- during yoga class in order to help keep an awareness of the core
- "Haramaki were recommended to me by my Japanese acupuncturist who says that core warmers have been in use in Japan for centuries, because they keep your core, including all your vital organs, warm and therefore happy and healthy. I'm glad that I don't need to ship them all the way from Japan!"
Dear Lil' Devas Bamboo Fabric - knit into fabric and finished locally!!
70% Viscose from Bamboo | 30% Organic Cotton
Bamboo fabric is ideal for exercise wear. However, all bamboo fabric is not created equally. After much research Dear Lil' Devas found the bamboo fabric that meets our environmental, ethical and quality expectations. And guess where we found it? -- Being finished right here under our observant noses in Southern Ontario, Canada!
Bamboo is a forestry product, so the natural eco-system stays in place. There is no need for pesticides, herbicides, tilling or replanting. Bamboo groves return a huge amount of oxygen back to the atmosphere in comparison with other types of forests.
- Eco and Worker Friendly Our bamboo is grown solely in bamboo groves that have FSC Certification, and OCIA/NOP
- International Organic Standards Certification Our knit of 70% Viscose from Bamboo yarn and 30% Organic Cotton yarn has the European Oeko-Tex 100 certification and is produced meeting ISO 14001 standards.
- Bamboo Yarn The bamboo used in Dear Lil' Devas bamboo fabric has been pulped and spun into yarn using a clean, modern viscose process. The result of this process is a high modulus yarn - could be called the "Pima Cotton" of bamboo, offering excellent luster, softness and durability.
- Fabric Finishing Process Fabric is knit and dyed in Canada.
- Low Impact Dyed Our unique single jet-dying process has been developed to have the lowest environmental impact possible. The fabric is prepared for dye using hot water and a mechanical process only (scouring). The dying is done using small quantities of environmentally friendly dyes free of heavy metals, chlorine, solvents, optical brightening chemicals, or any other toxic chemicals.
- No Antibacterial Chemical Treatment Silver Nitrate is the main ingredient of the anti-microbial treatment that is very often applied to mass-produced athletic wear and shoes. It is not applied to DLD items.
- Dear Lil' Devas Non-Factory, Local Sewing Environment Because we do not mass-produce our items, we are blessed to be able to maintain a benevolent and interactive design and sewing environment. The local women who are a part of Dear Lil' Devas are relaxed and dedicated. By using beautiful materials that we consider to be a gift from nature, putting those materials into high-quality, timeless designs, and sewing them up in an unhurried, mindful atmosphere, we've got some really good vibes going on here. We believe that those good vibes translate into the final products, and in turn are transferred to you. Namaste.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the information provided above. It has been compiled with the help of Dear Lil' Devas' suppliers, and we are happy to receive questions and comments from you.
You may also enjoy:
Early in 2014 (this is Rosie, designer for Dear Lil' Devas speaking), I was contacted by our dear, dear old friends and customers who I'll call R. & R. (coincidentally very apt lol)....
Hello everyone, Rosie here. We've got now SIXTEEN colours of linen - my dream has come true!!! The very day that our wonderful linen first came in (back in November, 2017), my niece Jocelyn was visiting (her...
Dear Lil' Devas classic long skirt, now available in this beautiful linen!! How many times over the years we've made these long skirts from linen - at the request of our customers who love the Cotton...