Woolen Trousers OR Pantaloons? Rosie here, I suspect that after looking at the pictures you may know which finishing I always choose ;-)
Choices of Bottom Pantleg Finishing:
- Trousers = no gathering at the ankles; straight-legged.
- Pantaloons = (according to the Oxford dictionary) "women's baggy trousers gathered at the ankles."
The Oxford dictionary it had to be, since we have pure wool in solid charcoal, as well as in a "houndstooth" pattern. You'll see me in the pic with the woolen cape, looking positively Sherlock-y, as well as very warm!
Pantaloons (gathered with elastic at the ankles) are remarkably warmer and I just love the way they look. The elastic at the bottom is not tight, easily goes over boots.
These are pure wool, there is no lining inside, you have to wear your long underwear with them! I have hesitated to make woolen pants in the past, but this year it got cold earlier than usual and I made myself up a pair that I adore and have been wearing all the time, even in the house. I've realized, that (at least here in Canada) when the weather is the right temperature for woolen pants, everyone has their long-johns out anyhow and personally, I'm not a fan of the slinky cold synthetic feel of linings - I'd rather choose the under layer myself.
Would I wear them Cross-Country Skiing, yes I sure would!
Hmmm - for walks in the forest, for ice-skating, for when I can't avoid the corner of Bloor and Dundas (the windiest place in Toronto, ha), and for sitting in stillness.
If you also like baggy pants, choose the Regular Cut or the Extra-Roomy cut. If you like them to be a bit more stream-lined, go for the Slim-mer Cut (see the pic of the Charcoal Wool Trousers (straight-legged). For more sizing info, please click on the "Sizing" tab.
Please click on the big picture window at the top. After you do that the photo will open up so that you can scroll through, and information about the garments is written at the bottom of the pictures.
- THE FABRIC 100% Wool: machine wash cold, hang to dry.
- THE DESIGN These pants were engineered specifically for comfort in everyday wear. They are intended to be loose-fitting.
- THE WAISTBAND There is a short length of elastic inserted at the top of the backrise. This elastic, paired with the drawstring closure provides the pants with more stability than just simple drawstring closure. It also allows you to do up the pants once, and then pull them off again without undoing the drawstring.
- KNOT JUST ANY OLD DRAWSTRING Why? - because it does up securely, AND comes undone easily.
- POCKETS! We love pockets - but, not all pockets are created equally. We are all too familiar with pockets that are either not deep enough, or the opening is too big, and things fall out of them. We've made sure that is not the case with our pockets!
- THE HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION Made in a relaxed, benevolent, non-factory environment in Canada by Dear Lil' Devas ~ Yoga Clothing and Accessories Infused with Good Vibes!
The Woolen Trousers/Pantaloons do up with a drawstring (with a strip of elastic sewn into the back of the waistband for stability).
Hip/Waist Size = Your Preferred Cut
Your "Preferred Cut" is a choice to make depending on your hip measurement and how baggy you would like the trousers/pantaloons to be. I have 38"/96.5cm hips and although I could go with the "Slim-mer Cut" size, I prefer to wear the Regular (and even the Extra Roomy) Cut. In the pictures, the "Charcoal Wool Trousers" are the Slim-mer cut. You will notice that the top is slightly less gathered than the other pants shown, and that the bottom of the pantleg is not quite as wide.
Slim-mer Cut up to 40" or 101.5cm hip measurement
Regular Cut up to 44" or 112cm hip measurement
Extra-Roomy Cut up to 51" or 129.5cm hip measurement
*please note, each length in the Pantaloon style has 1.5" added so that the legs will blouse appropriately. Because of the elastic at the bottom of the Pantaloon legs, there is no need to worry about them being too long. The Trouser lengths are as below.
You may also enjoy:
Rosie here, introducing Dear Lil' Devas new Damask Bath Sheets. 60% Cotton | 40% Linen An optimal blend of these beautiful fibres. Light Weight: are the best towels ever to take traveling as...
Rosie here, introducing Dear Lil' Devas latest Tea-Towels/Large Hand Towels! 60% Cotton | 40% Linen An optimal blend of these beautiful fibres. Light Weight: a lot lighter than conventional cotton terry-cloth towels. I love to...