December 2017 - SEVEN NEW Linen Dream Pants Colours as well as Black and White!!
Rosie here... the COLOURS!!!
The very day that the linen came in, my niece Jocelyn was visiting (her first trip to Toronto by herself on the train!). Jocelyn had her camera with her, and we took the panels out for a spin in the neighbourhood, on a mission to capture the way the light shimmers on the new shades of linen!
Some history of DLD's Linen Dream Pants:
The linen dream pants were introduced in 2013 as a "Limited Edition" item. That summer I had been so lucky to find some beautiful surplus linen fabric. The Linen Dream Pants have turned into a regular item for Dear Lil' Devas because they have been so popular, and I have been regularly keeping my eyes open for surplus linen, but increasingly, without success finding it. That is why we are so excited to now have a regular supplier for our regular weight linen!
The nine 2017 colours are all the same in texture and weight: 190gsm. This is slightly heavier than last year's gemstone colours, they were 170gsm.
For your reference, the Thicker Linen Dream Pants range from 220 to 245gsm.
These pants are the same design and cut as the Original 100% Dream Pants, but with the wonderful added feature of pockets, and a cuff at the bottom of each available length: (Length 1, Length 2 and Length 3)!
- THE FABRIC 100% Linen: machine wash cold, hang to dry (the linen dries soooo fast!)
- THE DESIGN These pants were engineered specifically for the range of movement in yoga; the non-constricting, time-honoured style allows you to move freely through the most dynamic asanas.
- THE TRADEMARK BOTTOM Allows the pants to stretch with you, without riding up or down. The Anatomy of the 100% Dream Pants
- THE PREMIUM "Vijanthy" SEAMS Take three times longer to sew than regular industrial seams and are very strong. Finished on the outside of the pants to be chafe-free and smooth against your skin. (These seams are to Dear Lil' Devas a source of proprietary pride - our Production Manager, Vijanthy has spent many hours since 2004 sewing these special seams, and teaching the rest of us to sew them too!)
- KNOT JUST ANY OLD DRAWSTRING Why? - because it does up securely, AND comes undone easily - even when wet after the most intense workout.
- POCKETS! We love pockets - but, not all pockets are created equally. We are all too familiar with pockets that are either not deep enough, or the opening is too big, and things fall out them. We've made sure that is not the case with our pockets!
- LARGE HEM (9cm/3.5") at the bottom of the pantlegs - a beautiful added feature, on each of the available lengths (here at DLD, we call this hem a "Cuff").
- THE HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION Made in a relaxed, benevolent, non-factory environment in Canada by Dear Lil' Devas ~ Yoga Clothing and Accessories Infused with Good Vibes!
You may also enjoy:
NEW LINEN COLOURS! In a time when reusable handkerchiefs were used, linen was the textile of choice. This must be because of its excellent absorbency. Not too many people use handkerchiefs these days, what...
Dear Lil' Devas 100% Linen Shrug. This elegant accessory could also be called a cape, or a capelet, poncho, closed shawl. December 2017 - SEVEN NEW Linen Colours as well as Black and White!!...
NEW LINEN COLOURS! The absorbency of this beautiful linen astonished us when we tried it out in our kitchen. It is certainly easy to understand why linen was once a common kitchen textile! Sadly,...