Without Pockets: $120
With Pockets: $135
Hello everyone, Rosie here. TOWN Pants!! These were designed in response to many requests that we've had from you to please make the Linen Dream Pants without the special panel bottom, but instead, with a CONVENTIONAL BACKRISE (in the images you'll see a comparison chart of the two styles) so that you can wear them everyday and not just for yoga.
There are three "Preferred Cuts" available in the Town Pants.
Because the Town Pants cinch with a drawstring, depending on your hip measurement, your "Preferred Cut" is a choice to make based on how much gathering you would like at the waist/hips. I have 38"/96.5cm hips and although I could go with the "Slim-mer Cut" size, I prefer to wear the Regular (and even the Extra Roomy) Cut. In the images below, the "Tarnished Copper" colour of pants are the Slim-mer cut. You will notice that the top of the pant is slightly less gathered than the other pants shown, and that the bottom of the pantleg is not quite as wide.
Please scroll through the pictures by clicking on the big picture window at the top. After you do that the photo will open up so that you can scroll through, and information about the garments shown and the models is written at the bottom of the pictures.
- THE FABRIC 100% Linen: machine wash cold, hang to dry (the linen dries soooo fast!)
- THE DESIGN These pants were engineered specifically for comfort in everyday wear. They are intended to be loose-fitting.
- THE WAISTBAND There is a short length of elastic inserted at the top of the backrise. This elastic, paired with the drawstring closure provides the pants with more stability than just simple drawstring closure. It also allows you to do up the pants once, and then pull them off again without undoing the drawstring.
- KNOT JUST ANY OLD DRAWSTRING Why? - because it does up securely, AND comes undone easily.
- POCKETS! We love pockets - but, not all pockets are created equally. We are all too familiar with pockets that are either not deep enough, or the opening is too big, and things fall out of them. We've made sure that is not the case with our pockets!
- TWO INCH HEM FINISHING at the bottom of the pantlegs - a beautiful added feature, on each of the available lengths. The hem allows taller people to wear the shorter lengths "as capris".
- THE HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION Made in a relaxed, benevolent, non-factory environment in Canada by Dear Lil' Devas ~ Yoga Clothing and Accessories Infused with Good Vibes!
Hip/Waist Size = Your Preferred Cut
Because the Town Pants cinch with a drawstring, depending on your hip measurement, your "Preferred Cut" is a choice to make depending on how much gathering you would like at the waist/hips. I have 38"/96.5cm hips and although I could go with the "Slim-mer Cut" size, I prefer to wear the Regular (and even the Extra Roomy) Cut. In the images below, the "Tarnished Copper" colour of pants are the Slim-mer cut. You will notice that the top is slightly less gathered than the other pants shown, and that the bottom of the pantleg is not quite as wide.
Slim-mer Cut up to 40" or 101.5cm hip measurement
Regular Cut up to 44" or 112cm hip measurement
Extra-Roomy Cut up to 51" or 129.5cm hip measurement
For Dear Lil' Devas Dream Pant Lovers :-) here is some detailed information comparing the Dream Pant Size to the Town Pant Size:
If your hip size measures 40"/101.5cm or less
Slim-mer Cut still gathers at the waistband, but less than the Dream Pants. The bottom of the pantleg is less wide than the Dream Pants. We consider these to be good for people who are either extremely slender, or who are dream pant lovers but have thought occasionally, "I wish there was a little bit less fabric at the top".
Regular Cut is your equivalent of the Dream Pants in size.
Extra-Roomy Cut you will have a lot of gathers when you do up the drawstring at the top and they will be super-flowing.
If your hip size measures between 40"/101.5cm and 44"/112cm
Regular Cut is your equivalent of the Dream Pants in size.
Extra-Roomy Cut the way to know whether you might like the "Extra-Roomy" is if with your Dream Pants, the largest part of your thighs just fill out the width of the fabric, almost being too tight between the legs. (Or of course, if you just simply would like them to be Extra-Roomy).
If your hip size is between 44"/112cm and up to 51"/130cm
Extra-Roomy Cut is for you. There will be gathers at the waistband, they are intended to fit you comfortably, not for you to fill them out.
Many taller people like to go with the Length 1 because they look quite nice with sandals when they are a bit too short ;-)
*for your reference if you're familiar with Dear Lil' Devas Dream Pants Lengths: The Town Pant Length choices and the Dream Pants Length choices are the same measurements.
Including this video is a bit of a stretch, but maybe - you don't even know who it is??! The colours don't look that shiny in real life, but the linen just scoots around on one's body - it barely touches! While working on these designs I was constantly listening to the Eurythmics - I wonder if you can possibly guess what song is playing in my head while I'm, well, yes - that is dancing...?!
You may also enjoy:
Without Pockets: $120 | With Pockets: $135 Some history of DLD's Linen Dream Pants: The linen dream pants were introduced in 2013 as a "Limited Edition" item. That summer I had been so lucky to...
Dear Lil' Devas classic long skirt, now available in this beautiful linen!! How many times over the years we've made these long skirts from linen - at the request of our customers who love the Cotton...
Without Pockets: $115 With Pockets: $130 Culottes!! The wide-legged culotte style shows off the linen gloriously; there you will go, swoosh, swoosh, swooshing down the street. This is VERY FUN, let me tell you (Rosie here...